Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Life of a Woman/ The Road


When do I sleep?
They don’t let me...
When do I rest?
They don’t let me…
I remain where I have been
Always…
I suffer what I have suffered
Always…
I see the sun
Rising…
I see the moon
Shining…
Haul over me
Ruthless…
Hurt me
Merciless…
I see with my eyes
Open, Blinking…
I cry
Solemnly…
They stain me
I never speak…
They flower me
I never speak…
How can I compliment?
Those sweating men…
How can I help?
Those swearing men…
Im taken for granted
For I cannot speak…
I tremble
But I cannot shiver
I want to die
They won’t let me
No wonder they call me
The Road….




Author's Note : The poetry was originally titled "The Road" but as it emerged I could make out the similarities with the life of women...in India. And yes, such women do exist...thanks to our society and its sick norms!!

2 comments: