Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The line with two dots

It was a great day…considering the feedback on the first post in my blog .It gives me new strength to show sunlight to my ideas.

I called the first post “The Writer’s Block-the first interactions between the pen and paper”. It seemed a pretty apt title, for someone who is scared of what people will say but still decides to write. But considering someone’s confidence in my writing skills; I rename it as “Random Ruminations”. Hats off and a standing ovation to the person who suggested the blogging idea.

What do I want to write about? Lots of things. People, in my life. How they shaped my thought process. People in general. What they think and do. How they feel, with and without senses. What they smell like and what they like to smell…Ya that’s one area that has intrigued me for long. Love. How it happens and why. How like the most fragrant of the roses it withers away. I wanted to say “emotions, in general” but then backed out of the idea, because since my childhood, I am not aware of any emotion except two…being in love and being out of it.

Now that I have actually put it down…I wonder…does all those years (24 years, 3 months, 11 dayz 16 hours 26 minutes and 10 seconds to be exact) boil down to just two emotions?? Have I wasted my life? Is it some thing like God gave me the whole paint box which had shades of orange, red, pink, grey, black, brown, white and blues. And what did I use? Just pink and black?? Pink for love. Black for out of love. Loves me. Loves me not. Loves me, loves me more. Loves me not, can’t bear the sight of me. Pink. Black. Pink. Black. Black, black. Pink, pink.

Hmm...Since I cannot undo the past, nor am I willing to carry the burden of more emotions lets put it in a better way. Lets call the pink and black as pink and not so pink or black and not so black. Also I was wondering if my intense liking for shades of maroon has something to do with this pink and black….Im not an artist,not even a remote one …so I do not know which colors make up maroon …but some how I feel pink and black combine to give some distinct shade of maroon….Don’t know…U guyz can correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe that will give me a new insight. A colourful one at that.

But if you actually look at it; its love or the lack of it is the centric emotion everywhere. It conjures many forms. Being loved and not being loved. Wanting and being the want. Not wanting. Not being wanted. Wanting and being the want at the same time is the ultimate goal not just for me, but for most of us. Contrary to what most people think and give as q major reason for sucides “Not wanting and not being wanted” doesn’t exist. For the simple reason that a vacuum cannt fill a vacuum,or intensify the strength of the original. Two zeros do not make (+) 1. Nor (-) 1.

People often try to figure out what glues two people? Love or sex? The slow melting that one feels in looking at the object of desire or the heat that flows on physical contact? My opinion is

‘Love is a straight line segment, flanked between two dots of sex”

(Reference: Line Segment is a line between 2 fix points. Unlike a segment a line does not have end points.)

The dot on either side represents the very act of sex, one positiove one negative. After all there are only two reasons why people have sex…either they cannot have enough of each other(positive sex) or they hate each other so intensely that they do it as an act of burning the soul(negative sex). When there is no sex there is a lull, a mediocrity. The line of love, no matter how thick cannot survive on its own. The same holds true for the the dots of positive and negative sex. Without the line to join them they are the electrons that are free and can roam around without a purpose or destination. We spend our entire lives on this line segment…moving either on it or in the vacuum created by its absence.

Sex is not just ding ding ding ding.Going in and going out. Trying to attach your mountains into the someone’s valleys or vice versa. It’s much more than a jigsaw puzzle. Or a plug and a socket game. It’s beyond that. What beyond that I will take up as separate article.Need time to think because here I do not speak from personal experience…it’s a second hand one (-;

Im sorry…because like the previous post this one too started somewhere and is ending somewhere. Forgive me; that’s how my thought process is. Maybe over a period of time Im able to organize my thoughts in a better manner…till then…keep reading and commenting!!!

7 comments:

  1. you writing definitely noteworthy/
    i am waiting to read your next post!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a vacuum cannt fill a vacuum"
    "Love is a straight line segment, flanked between two dots of sex"

    Liked that.

    Plus using the colours pink and black to show falling out of and back in love was good and kinda funny too.

    Attagirl! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely amazin... i have no other words to describe this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good going...!
    Second article is definitely better than the first...and waiting for the next in series of your wavy, moody thought processsss.....!

    one suggestion thou....try to keep your subjects more on a positive side of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ===="_The Missing Third DOT_"====

    A nice way of expressing your thought process. Well written too. Even thou ur far better, but just a fine tuning.
    I guess, ur write-ups will be more accurate & in-sync, if you can consider my comment as my thought process & if u agrees to it. Its neither a feedback nor an assigment report card. Just my thought process.

    "Love is a straight line segment, flanked between two dots of sex”.
    This is absolutely incomplete statement. This is not love. It may be temporary infatuation or lust. Of course I'm not eleminating sex out of love, but if you can visualise, then u will reallise that two dots always forms a straight line. Its the third dot with actually distinguish between a curve & straight line. Phenomenons like "trust" & "devotion" are two cocentric circles. They converge on same center. Now, if so called st line between two sexes passes thru this center, then only its LOVE. Otherwise, its just a sport.
    I hope ur getting my point.
    Also its not mandatory to have love to have sex. The whole desire to have sex is inherit pleasure & biology. Some years back I shared with u my "tripple filter test". Think of it & you will get better insight :-)

    Finally, let me comment "a vacuum cannt fill a vacuum"... I advice you to pls go thru, Zeno's theory. Which finally proves that "nothingness is finite". So a finite can fill finite.
    I hope you are understanding my point if not then, come/call me
    ;-) & with vodka & chocolate...


    I'm purposfully picking these two points because, this two points can really mislead youths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Robin, you are a sweet little person and I love your way! You don’t need to be obsessed with either sex or love. The first one is too immaterial and the latter beyond material. Let me provide you my perspective (all practical and first person account;-))

    Sex is simpler than most concepts and therefore can be included in any other geometric shape such as your "line" or any curve, such as a Circle. This bigger shape, i.e. the concepts, can be Love, or, even Life itself! For the sake of simplicity and without diluting the analytical rigour, let us assume this bigger shape to be a Circle.

    The Circle (i.e. Love/you/your life) is created from an infinite number of tangents (experiences/emotions/feelings), each briefly touching (or forming part of!) the circle. Told another way, the circle is defined by the tangents and it does not exist by itself.

    If I were to believe your analogy that sex is a segment on the line (love), then it would lead to the equation

    Sigma (Sex, i to n) = Love

    That is False, isn't it? I do not therefore agree with your analysis.

    You can have sex with and not love someone before, during and after the act. This is tangential situation, i.e. you came together and afterwards moved away from each other. However, if you do love someone, you stay on the circle no matter if you had sex or not. Sex is reduced to insignificance, subsumed, and there exists something else (?) between the two of you that does not let you diverge.

    The point I am trying to make here is that sex is too small a part of and inconsequential to any other (higher..sic) relationship. In fact, we can consider them to be unrelated or asymptotic. They are in different planes altogether.

    Have and enjoy sex because either both or one of you want/s it and, in the latter case, the other one permits. For heaven’s sake, do not have sex to deepen your love for each other.

    The problem with love is that it does not lend itself easily to analysis and therefore comprehension. Most of us end up being part of Love Stories, which basically result from unrequitted/failed Love. Love is never "told" or "written". Sirf ehsaas hai. However fleeting, this ehsaas is eternal, complete and fulfilling. It is so powerful an impact that our most basic of the basic instincts -greed- wants more and more of the same. This very greed makes us have sex with whom we love in an abortive attempt to take (like a drug addict) a shot to the arm. Guess what are the most commonly said words during sex! Probably, you guessed it right, "I LOVE you".

    YOU are at the centre of AND on the perimeter of this Circle called Love or Life. You are at the centre because you are the observer and evaluator. You are on the periphery because you are part of all experiences/emotions/feelings when others touched (tangents, remember!), and therefore, shaped your (understanding/notion of) Love or Life. In the case of Love, you are blessed with the most potent gift of all God has to offer us, which does not let that special someone to diverge after touching our life.

    To end, whores and gigolos can be blessed with love while virgins may remain bereft of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    I'm flattered by the honesty and flatness in your expression.

    I am intrigued by the elaborate comments made by your readers.
    also liked the analysis of a few, but I've to say that, none of them stripped down their mind to the level to which you went bare, while writing this post.

    love is what has awed me the most
    sex is what had confused me the most. I look forward to more posts which dive deeper through this journey of emotions

    ReplyDelete